If you are into hunting expeditions, you probably know that it’s important to be prepared for the wild. While you need all the essential gear, you must also have the right clothing items. You just cannot wear any other outdoor apparel for such adventures – you need something that’s designed for the purpose, and what’s where a hunting jacket comes in the picture. As the name suggests, a hunting jacket is designed for the wild hunter, who doesn’t mind going an extra mile to get the catch. More than style, such outdoor wear is more about functionality, and in this post, we will guide you on how you can buy one.
What to expect?
Most hunting jackets available in the market are meant for certain kinds of weather. So, if you live somewhere in the tropics, your choice of outerwear will be very different from someone who is hunting in the knew. First things first, check your requirements. In general, hunting jackets are more important for the winter climates, where the temperatures can go below the freezing point.
- One of the first things you might want to check is use of Gore-Tex® membrane. Next, check if the jacket is a reversible, which can be handy in terms of style.
- While you are out in the wild, you may need to brave rain and snow, and therefore, the jacket should be waterproof in any case. You also need to check if the product is windproof, especially if you plan to sneak into the mountains.
- Some hunting jackets do have zippers, but if you are new to such escapades, go for something that comes with magnetic buttons. That may you won’t have an issue opening or closing the jacket as needed, without taking out the gloves. Not required to mention, the jacket must be comfortable and breathable.
- The fourth thing on the list is the number of pockets that the jacket has. You may want to have lined pockets and special ones for the heating pads for the back. Having radio pockets is also important. In that department, you can check Harkila country clothing, which has many options.
- Finally, check if the jacket has a hood. If that’s detachable, it’s obviously better.
Online stores are your best bet for buying hunting outerwear and clothing, and you can get some amazing discounts. Also, you can be assured to find the size you are looking for. Check online now and make your shortlist!