One of the most significant concerns around the globe is pollution. This issue is even more of a concern in India. You might think that if you stay inside your house, you will probably be safe from the health issues that are arising because of several pollutants in the air, but it is not true. The air that is present inside your house is also dangerous and contaminated like the air outside your home. There are several pathogens, dust particles, and bacteria that cause asthma and other kinds of severe allergies.
The best way to combat this issue is to get the right air purifier installed in your home. This air cleaner can help you get rid of any form of microbes that can be harmful to health. Not every purifier can make the air that you breathe safe and free from of contamination. There are several factors that together contribute to make the best air purifier. However, there are some very important factors that are often not taken into consideration while buying an air purifier and buyers happen to commit few mistakes unknowingly.
Here are 7 common mistakes that should be avoided when you buy an air purifier:
- Choosing the Wrong Size– The size of the air purifier that you buy must be in proportion to the area that is required to come under the filtration process of the air purifier. The air purifier will not be effective if a small size is used for a large room. In order to know the appropriate size, you must measure the area of the room or the house where you want the air purification to take place and then check the size of the air purifier that matches this.
- Buying an Expensive Model with Very Few Features– You must make sure that if you are paying a high price for the air purifier, it comes with a variety of features such as remote control, digital controls, option to increase or decrease the speed of the fan, sensors to check the quality of air, and programmable timers. If you are an asthma patient or have any other breathing disorder, then make sure that you buy an air purifier that can help manage your symptoms.
- Not Taking Maintenance into Consideration- Before buying any appliance, you must always make sure to be aware of the cost that will be required for its maintenance. Similarly, in case of an air purifier also, you must make sure that the cost of maintaining it is as low as possible and in case of any damage, its parts should be easily available for replacement.
- Not Being Sure about Health– In some cases, a person who is suffering from a breathing problem may have problem due to the presence of ozone. Air purifiers use ozone to purify the air. If you have a problem with ozone, then air purifier is likely to affect your health. In such cases, you should opt for a purifier that does not use ozone technology. Rather you can opt for ionic technology based air purifiers.
- Buying the Cheapest Air Purifier– You must never compromise on the quality of the air purifier in terms of its cost. Most of the low cost purifiers generally have high costs of maintenance and there are chances that they may cut down on certain features that are needed for proper purification.
- Lack of Research– You must always consider air purifiers of different brands and models. Compare them to find out which of those is the most optimal for your requirements and budget.
- Not Stressing on Efficiency- Your air purifier may be capable of removing large dust particles from the air. However, at the same time, it should also be able to remove the smaller particles of dust also. Only then, it can be called efficient.
A majority of us spend most of our time indoors, which is why the air quality is very important and good air quality can be achieved only by efficient air purifiers. So, avoid the above pitfalls and ensure that you invest in the best air purifier.